Posts 118,788 Polls 80
Posts Polls
Content 4 Files 80
Content Files
Links 10 Ads 0
Links Ads
More...
Latest Poll
SoL: Which multiplayer mode are you interested in most?
This poll is closed
Classic deathmatch 3 5%
Team deathmatch 8 13%
Coop missions 31 51%
Special missions (CTF, KotH,...) 8 13%
None - I will only play the singleplayer campaign 11 18%
Voters: 61 100%
Replies (26)
Hot Downloads
How to remove messenger ads
Posted By: mamatreisha
Posted On: 04-30-2011
Replies: 1
Views: 33,924
Freespace 2 Open Installer
Posted By: MatthewPapa
Posted On: 08-16-2009
Replies: 3
Views: 46,714
Blender 2.49a (Windows version)
Posted By: shiv
Posted On: 07-29-2009
Views: 30,934
Google SketchUp 6
Posted By: shiv
Posted On: 07-29-2009
Views: 37,409
Derelict
Posted By: MatthewPapa
Posted On: 08-09-2009
Views: 42,286
More...

Old 02-18-2012   #21
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

ok more changes, and more development on the wolfen prototype 1, added more detailing, armoring stuff made the cockpit transparent(note I am NOT detailing the cockpit or pilot, as I stink at organics. might figure out a few other things, but I think I have most of it done, might think of one or 2 things, but anything else would proably be texturing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wolfenprototypedetail1.jpg (117.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wolfenprototypedetail2.jpg (104.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg wolfenprototypedetail3.jpg (122.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wolfenprototypedetail4.jpg (117.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wolfenprototypedetail5.jpg (110.0 KB, 4 views)
mandobardanjusik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012   #22
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

my thoughts on the prototype wolfens:
ok so here some further development behind the idea of prototype wolfen.
When pigma betrayed the original team Fox, he took a mostly intact prototype arwing with him. Andross realized the need for an advanced fighter himself, so he rengineered the arwing, reinforcing the basic frame with large armor plates ont he top, moving all the life support and comm aystems into the original part of the frame, the original output for the enine was enlarged and made longer, and additional hull was attached to the bottom with the much larger engine generator, it also had a pair of weaker redesigned G-diffuser wings, and stavilizer wings, that allow it enhanced maneuverability over all later models, however it is slower than later(or maybe the other way around). it also has moved lasers. this was later used by most of team wolf prior to androsses invasion, until the production model was finished. it was also used after The Lylat Wars, after maintence on the damaged wolfen 2's proved too expensive, and the production version was going through major upgrades, and wolf always felt fond of his personal one and held onto it.
Old 02-19-2012   #23
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

ok, so I have now done further work on Wolf's prototype Wolfen, so I decided to make some group pics. now, I might be able to think up one or two more model related details, but I think the rest will be in the texture, and I do have to say at the least, this is a Major improvement over the original, and I posted a pic or 2 of them as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg neonimprovedteamwolf.jpg (116.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg neonimprovedteamwolf2.jpg (109.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg neonimprovedteamwolf3.jpg (103.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg neonimprovedteamwolf4.jpg (121.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg neonimprovedteamwolf5.jpg (117.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Star Fox 2 (Translated)025.png (6.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: png Star Fox 2 (Translated)026.png (7.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: png Star Fox 2 (Translated)027.png (6.8 KB, 52 views)
Old 03-06-2012   #24
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

ok so I have something new for you guys. the idea came to me last week, and I finally got around to throwing it together tonight, though it is still a WIP. I have a new ship, and a new retcon(that is also going to elaborate on one of my earlier ones. So I would like the present the the Advanced 64 Arwing, or XAS-02 though I have a feeling it will get nicknamed Stealth arwing, because of its dark paint job(gray fuselage, Black G-diffusers), and that it also has a more powerful engine(altered front, engine intakes), it is also might be a test bed for jamming equipment(?) and it also does not have a traditional Smart bomb launcher, and is instead has a mine deployer(that could possibly rear fire smart bombs)
So this advanced prototype belongs to Fara Pheonix who is the head test pilot for Arspace dynamics, and also kept it as her own(it is the only one in exsistence, and technicly a variant rather than a main member of the Arwing series, liek the defender and interceptor, which I have deemed XB-01, and XI-01 respectively) [note it does still need wings, and further detailing and tweaking] who has Miyu and Fay, in Arwing Interceptors as wing mates, and they occasionly go on missions, and aid team Starfox.

so if you were wondering, the inspiration for this craft came as I was reading through starfox info, and discovered that in the old comics that Fara had been the test pilot for the army(minor update changes that to Arspace dynamics) and that she had a Black FX arwing, so I decided to update and retcon the idea, by changing it to the SF64 arwing, and making it an advanced prototype of it, that would also link the SF64 and Assualt ones somewhat. again this is still a WIP, and I made it with some reference to the pics I could find of SOL's 64 arwing, but it is suppossed to feel similar, yet different, well tell me what you think, I hope to have better pics of a further developed model soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arwing advanced WIP.jpg (40.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Arwing advanced 2WIP.jpg (37.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Arwing advanced3 WIP.jpg (36.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-25-2012   #25
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

ok new updates changes and improvements, I now have wings on the advanced arwing, and morre changes and improvements, I have added an intake/radiator piece to the wolfen prototype, I hope this helps, cant think of anything else on it. And of course, I have improved the interceptor greatly added more g-diffuser details, more fuselage details, and engine detailing and I have modified and improved the wings on all of the arwings

feedback is appreciated, however please be helpful and constructive, no 'this doesnt look good' if you think it doesnt look good, tell me what you think Ishould do with it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg detailing.jpg (115.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg formation.jpg (122.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg formation2.jpg (100.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg formation3.jpg (118.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg formation4.jpg (120.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg interceptordetailing.jpg (116.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg interceptordetailing2.jpg (99.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg stealth arwing.jpg (115.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-27-2012   #26
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

hello again, with all this AR-space dynamics stuff I have been working on, I figured I needed to make it a label as well(note I do want to fix up the arwing pic, maybe get a new pic of of it, but side views are tough ok I have done a bit of tinkering and here is a view at the prototype of the AR-Space dynamics logo(note I do know I need a better pic of the arwing but that is something for the future)

I am also doing an upgrade of the mothership from SF2 as the AR-Space dynamics advanced transport(predecessor to the dreadnaught and conerian carrier) which has been uprgraded for use by Fara pheniox. the designation # is M0T-H3R SH1P so of course it is called the 'Mother Ship' it can carry 12 arwings or that and a couple more conerian fighters
Old 04-22-2012   #27
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

ok due to the fact I rarely get feedback on htis site, I have devoted my time to only update my other thread, rather than waste time doing both. note I have done the mothership, had to nuke that version, and redid it and its still a WIP, more details on my other thread, and here is the link http://www.hard-light.net/forums/ind...topic=79178.60
Old 04-23-2012   #28
Scourge of Ages
Professional lurker

Good idea
I was wondering why you didn't just do that in the first place.
Old 05-23-2012   #29
dingdongfifty
Noob

hope i could download SoL sooner or later. when is it gonna come out?
dingdongfifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #30
Scourge of Ages
Professional lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingdongfifty View Post
hope i could download SoL sooner or later. when is it gonna come out?
The answer, of course, is "when it's ready." That's what it's always been, but lately it seems like the team has been taking a break from working on it, while they handle other projects and stuff.

Unfortunately, it seems like the most up-to-date information we have is here in the Official "what is going on" statement thread.
Old 05-24-2012   #31
mandobardanjusik
maveric modeler

well Dabrains been on leave since I have been here, axem pretty much encouraged me to start my own project, but I dont have the experience for that... yet, havent seen wanderer for a while, and I dont know bout anyone else, and I have just been discouraged and dont know what to work on next
Old 05-29-2012   #32
Scourge of Ages
Professional lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandobardanjusik View Post
well Dabrains been on leave since I have been here, axem pretty much encouraged me to start my own project, but I dont have the experience for that... yet, havent seen wanderer for a while, and I dont know bout anyone else, and I have just been discouraged and dont know what to work on next
That is very understandable. Just keep with it, practice. At least you've got your containers and The E's Free Skies going on. And if you really want something new to work on, I have a concept I've been trying to figure out how to get out. I already figured that the fastest way would be to learn to model myself. But if you're looking for something to practice on, I'd be happy to send over the concept. (It's an Arwing-esque fighter)