Game Warden Forums

Go Back   Game Warden Forums > Hosted > Stargate SG-1: Earth's Defence

Notices

Stargate SG-1: Earth's Defence A Freespcae 2 Total Conversion. The Stargate gave us a doorway to other worlds. With the technology that we acquired, we have built ships with which to defend ourselves from ancient enemies that have now sought our destruction. Now, the brave men and

Old 04-06-2011   #41
starlord
Commodore

any news regarding gameplay trailers yet JC?
starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011   #42
jc4jc
Admiral

It has been a bit of time since my last update so I guess I should put up something.

I have been had some real life issues come about that has resulted in losing time on the mod. As for the trailer I almost had a good 15 minutes of video recored when I realized it was going about 5 fps and had no sound so. I am going to have to rerecord all of it and start from there.
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth's Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)
jc4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #43
jc4jc
Admiral

I am still trying to get a trailer together. I have been working a little on the effects and some table balancing. other than that though there isn't much else I have been able to work on. Sorry I don't have more at this time.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth's Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
Old 07-04-2011   #44
jc4jc
Admiral

I realize not much is happening. Real Life is taking its toll on all my projects, personal and otherwise. I am still trying to get that footage and it is continuing to bit me in the butt.

JC4JC

Old 09-06-2011   #45
jc4jc
Admiral

In order to keep things going I have started making more leeway with getting a much need video made. I think I am on to a break through with the recording applications, Fraps is to expensive and others don't play nice with FS2.

I hope to have something... anything in the next few weeks... Crosses fingers!

JC4JC

Old 09-09-2011   #46
dragonsniper
Nuking a Sathana's

Still can't wait to see this one released... have you considered getting hosting at HLP by chance? GW is pretty err... dead.
dragonsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #47
starlord
Commodore

Hey, JC! I've got someone potentially interested in your project on 3d foundation! he modelled an ancient warship and wishes to know more on that project of yours! Shall I give him the go ahead?
Old 10-29-2011   #48
jc4jc
Admiral

yes! that would be great!

JC4JC

Old 10-29-2011   #49
jc4jc
Admiral

I figure i should let everyone know I finally got some footage of the game with sound. I need to edit the length and what not but so far it looks like it at least recorded good. I am not sure about starting a youtube for the project just yet but i would like to post the video soon.

JC4JC

Old 10-31-2011   #50
starlord
Commodore

Great! Can you give me your mail in a PM? I'll link you!
Old 02-16-2012   #51
jc4jc
Admiral

Greetings everyone. I have been working on several projects lately and each is eating time out of the other. I have been trying to get some good in-game footage and I am hoping to have it up before to much more time passes. I am going to try and start working on the UI textures and maybe even some UI animations. More updates Later!

JC4JC

Old 03-19-2012   #52
jc4jc
Admiral

Greetings, it is again time for your SG1ED Update. Still working to get a viable game play vid but I have had nothing but problems with the video codecs I have.

I have also found that I drastically overpowered most of the Tau'ri Weapons and Ships. Fights that should last a long time take no time at all. I am again re-balancing the tbl's and I am having to go back and fix an issue with some of the weapons and engine effects.

I am also going to have to find a work around for the Capital ship AI's. The Ha'taks like to shoot at fighters and bombs instead of other Capital ships. I may have to introduce some kind of anti-fighter/bomber weapon to them so that the main guns focus only on Caps I'm Not sure.

Again I am sorry for not having the video and I am working on it.

JC4JC

Old 03-21-2012   #53
Scourge of Ages
Professional lurker

Hey cool! Updates!

With regards to the weapons targeting: Having different types of weapons for different targets, and then giving the big guns the capital+ flag would be a good idea. You can also use an objecttypes.tbl to set targeting priorities, somehow. Probably :/
Old 03-31-2012   #54
starlord
Commodore

hi JC! I've got news you might find interesting! Check your PMs!
Old 06-15-2012   #55
jc4jc
Admiral

I have been working on some of the tbs and things are working a little better now. As for the gameplay video I am having trouble with my desktop recorder. Apparently divx's encoder only works for a few days.

I am also working on other things as they come up and are noticed. I hope to have more sooner than later!

JC4JC

Old 07-31-2012   #56
jc4jc
Admiral

I am in the middle of getting footage from the gameplay for at least some kind unofficial teaser so everyone can get an idea of where we are.

JC4JC

Old 07-31-2012   #57
karajorma
He is watching YOU

Look forwards to seeing it.
karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #58
Brockenstein
Of Danub!

Sounds really good!

Brockenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #59
jc4jc
Admiral

I realize it has been a while since I updated. I am having RL stuff that is draining most of my time and I have not had access to the computer that holds the Mod files so I have not been able to work on it for a while. Figured it was time for an update so... Still working on that footage last time I was able to work on it. I was still having issues with desktop recorder so it is just a matter of being able to sit down and work on it for a few hours.

JC4JC

Old 12-05-2012   #60
Scourge of Ages
Professional lurker

Neat! Looking forward to it, whenever it's ready.